Cybersecurity Webinar Series
This new frontier of governance has become increasingly important for boards to understand and engage with to ensure the privacy, integrity and security of data assets.
Diligent are partnering with governance expert Steven Bowman, who is a seasoned board adviser with a great depth of experience and skill facilitating Board reviews, along with Monica Schlesinger, a cybersecurity governance expert who also has extensive board experience and knowledge, to bring you a 3-part webinar series covering:
- Part 1: Where should cybersecurity “live” and why?
- Part 2: The five top questions Directors should ask to understand the cybersecurity risks their organisation is facing
- Part 3: Ensuring cybersecurity is embedded into your culture
Part 1: Where should cybersecurity “live” and why?
What will be covered in the webinar?
- What are Directors attitudes and knowledge of cybersecurity, and what needs to change?
- The three key cybersecurity issues that Directors and CEOs are grappling with today
- What needs to change at the Board level so cybersecurity is addressed strategically
- How does the Board educate itself at an appropriate level about the governance of cybersecurity
Date: Wednesday, 26 May @ 2pm AEST, 12pm AWST, 1:30pm ACST, 4pm NZ
Part 2: The five top questions Directors should ask to understand the cybersecurity risks their organisation is facing
What will be covered in the webinar?
- What are the questions Directors should ask and the practices they should put in place to effectively govern cybersecurity?
- What is involved in a cyber security governance review from a Directors perspective?
- What are the most practical things we can start doing right away?
- What is the governance of Cybersecurity comprised of?
- Where do you start when you have no Cybersecurity governance in place yet?
Date: Wednesday, 16 August @ 2pm AEST, 12pm AWST, 1:30pm ACST, 4pm NZ
Topic: Ensuring cybersecurity is embedded into your culture
- How do we ensure cybersecurity is embedded into our culture?
- What should the culture be like at a Board level, and what are the impediments?
- How can we drive this throughout your organisation?
Date: Tuesday, 12 September @ 2pm AEST, 12pm AWST, 1:30pm ACST, 4pm NZ
Steven Bowman, Managing Director, ConsciousGovernance
Steven is a seasoned Board adviser, with a great depth of experience and skill facilitating Board reviews and strategic planning process. He has held numerous senior executive, CEO and Board positions with some of the USA and Australia’s most prestigious organizations, as well as authoring and co-authoring over 14 books on governance, strategy, risk and executive leadership.
Acknowledged as a pioneer in the field of strategic awareness, Steven has built a reputation around the world as an adviser who empowers his clients by offering multiple perspectives on any given challenge.
Monica Schlesinger, Principal at Advisory Boards Group International
Monica is recognised as a specialist Cybersecurity governance expert who also has extensive Board experience and knowledge. She started her career as an IT architect and systems integrator, and managed large projects for a wide range of industries.
Her knowledge in security dates back to over 20 years ago when she installed the first Checkpoint firewall solutions. For over 10 years she project managed large implementations in Education, Transport, Telecommunications and Banking industries, including Perimeter security for one of the top 4 large banks and the Firewall project for a tier 1 university. As the GM for a prime software vendor in the healthcare space, Monica managed the creation and marketing of a medical records aggregation tool, currently used by the majority of the Primary Health Networks in Australia. The products created were compliant with the provisions of the Privacy Act and had a high level of inbuilt security.